A drill is a powerful tool that needs to be included in any tool enthusiast’s kit – they take away the need for screwdrivers and can perform a variety of different function.
An 18v power drill is a particularly popular choice of a cordless drill, due to its size, battery capacity, and power.
Not sure which is the best 18v cordless drill for your needs and budget? Let our experts help you find the right one!
We provide you with a shortlist of the top ten products and then follow up with detailed reviews of our three favorite models, so read on to see what you should be looking for as you shop for the right drill.
Top Ten 18v Cordless Drills Table
How Can You Easily Find Your Ideal Drill?
Plenty of decisions go into purchasing the best 18v cordless drill, decisions that need to be made if you want to get the most out of your drilling experience. Let’s have a look at the bundle of important qualities you’ll need to take into consideration when you begin your hunt for the perfect cordless drill.
- Power. When you’re looking for a power tool, the actual power that the tool can produce is an important thing to keep in mind, albeit obvious.
When it comes to drills, the maximum power the engine can produce is measured in “Unit Watts Out.”
- Battery Amp Hours. If the drill you’re looking at has a rechargeable battery, it’s important to keep in mind how long the battery will last before it has to be charged again.
With this being said, it’s also important to take into consideration the time that the drill takes to completely recharge.
- Type of Battery. While the primary form of drill battery is usually a Lithium Ion battery, another, rechargeable form is also available, known as a NiCad or Nickel-Cadmium battery.
Lithium Ion batteries are generally more reliable, but will eventually need to be replaced, whereas NiCad batteries simply need a recharge to get back to full functionality. There are pros and cons to both types of batteries.
- Weight. You don’t want to feel like you’re holding a dumbbell in your hand while your drilling; it’s important to get a cordless drill that won’t agitate your hands and your wrists while you work.
- RPM. The RPM of a drill is the amount of rotations per minute it’s capable of while drilling into or out of a surface. The measurement is usually indicated by two speeds, one measuring its clockwise RPM and one measuring its counter-clockwise RPM.
- Accessories. Nobody wants a drill that doesn’t come with anything – it’s no fun having to fork out a ton of cash to pay for extras that weren’t included with the drill itself.
At minimum, we’d consider purchasing a cordless drill that comes with a case, a supplemental battery (If it’s Lithium Ion powered), and a charging stand and cord.
Top 3 Best 18v Cordless Drill Reviews
The 2691-22 combo kit is a must-have for serious home improvement projects, featuring both an impact driver and an 18v cordless drill.
Made in the USA, the 2691-22 delivers a substantial amount of force while weighing a mere four pounds; a combination that is not seen too often.
Backed by an incredible 5-year warranty, everything about the kit is covered, from the drill itself to its compact charging port.
The kit includes a variety of supplemental materials, such as the impact driver, two 18-volt batteries, a belt clip, and a high-quality carrying case.
The Milwaukee 2691-22 power drill is much more than a drill. Coming with a boatload of accessories, it is also powerful, light, and backed by a warranty that will have you covered in the event of a drilling catastrophe.
It is hands down the best 18v cordless drill on our list.
The Makita XFD01RW is both a driver and power drill, featuring a powerful motor, an ergonomic design, a comfortable grip, and much more.
While its design and grip are both standout qualities of the XFD01RW, the weight is the most intriguing physical aspect worth pointing out – it barely weighs over three pounds.
It comes with a fancy-looking kit that includes two separate 18-volt batteries, along with a cordless “Rapid Charger”.
The aforementioned charger makes it possible to get over two hours of continuous use from one charge, a formidably prominent trait in the world of cordless power drills.
You can’t go wrong with a drill like the Makita XFD01RW – it’s easy to use and hold because of its comfortable grip and lightweight, it’s powerful, and it holds a charge for a whopping two hours of continual use.
The DEWALT DC970K-2 is a sensational power tool that is lightweight, comes with a ton of crucial and helpful accessories, and is small enough to operate in the tightest of nooks and crannies. There’s more to it, as well.
It features a powerful 450/1,500 RPM max, giving its users turbocharged power that’s capable of handling a variety of different drilling purposes.
It’s equipped with a rechargeable NiCad battery that will last up to 1.2 hours, which is a lot of time since most people use drills in a stop and go manner.
Its size and weight are both extremely desirable; the DC970K-2 is designed to compactly operate while only weighing at 4.7 pounds.
It’s small, powerful, and lasts awhile before it needs to be charged again. The DEWALT DC970K-2 is one of the most popular options on our list and makes a great entry-level drill.