If you’ve ever tried to clear tall grass, thick underbrush, or even small trees from your property, you understand that a simple trimmer is never going to do the job right. No, for that you need the best brush cutter you can get your hands on. Their heavy duty engines and strong blades make quick work of even the thickest brush.
However, choosing the right cutter for your skill level and clearing requirements can be a daunting task, which is why this article is here for you! In it, you’ll learn everything to look for in a brush cutter and will even get an in-depth review of some of the top cutters on the market today.
Top 10 Brush Cutters Table
When you are looking for the best brush cutter, there are several key details that you’ll want to keep in mind before you make your final purchase.
- Engine Size. To put it simply, the bigger the engine, the more power you’ll have to cut through all the brush on your property. However, a larger engine will also be more costly to operate, as it will take more fuel to run than a smaller engine would.
- Fuel Type. Will the cutter need to run with its gas and oil in separate compartments, or will you need to create a gas oil mix for the motor to run properly? Also, what kind of fuel will it run on? Can you get by with simple unleaded, or will you need to go for a higher octane? If you aren’t careful, you could end up spending a pretty penny on the fuel for your cutter.
- Blade Size. For each different cutter on the market, you can get a multitude of blades. Each different blade type and size have different distinct functions, so be sure that you have the blades that are necessary for your particular job to be a success.
- Detachable Head. Many of the brush cutters available nowadays have a detachable head, which allows them to be converted to a regular old trimmer/weed whacker. This could help to increase the value of your cutter, as you’ll most likely only need the brush cutter function every once in a while, while the trimmer can be used almost daily in the warmer months.
- Handle Type. The type of handle that you use on your cutter will be up to your personal preference. Some people prefer a straight shaft, while others like a curved. Still, others might like to have bicycle type handles. It is best to see which of these setups feels best for you personally and go with that one.
Top 3 Best Brush Cutter Reviews
If you are looking to get the very best brush cutter available, you can’t do much better than the Ranchero by Remington. Its straight shaft and eight inch wide cutting radius make it the perfect tool for clearing away all of that unsightly and unwanted underbrush on your property.
The Ranchero utilizes a powerful 27cc engine to deliver plenty of cutting power without wasting a ton of fuel each time you run it. It also will start up super easy for you every time. This fuel efficiency is not the only value that this cutter has to offer, however.
It can also be transformed (with the proper attachments, which are sold separately) into a trimmer, leaf blower, and more.
Summary: The Ranchero by Remington is a high-quality brush cutter that is easy to handle and powerful. It can also be transformed into other essential yard equipment with the proper attachments.
Husqvarna has long been synonymous with quality yard equipment, and this brush cutter is no exception. Not only does it provide plenty of cutting power with its 34 cc engine, but it also boasts surprisingly good fuel economy as well, which is a nice money saver.
Probably the best feature of this brush cutter, however, is the handle, which is very similar to what you see on a bicycle. It allows you to use the cutter with two hands, which provides you with a high level of control when you are clearing your property.
Summary: This brush cutter from Husqvarna has a powerful, fuel efficient engine. It is also really easy to control and comfortable to use thanks to its unique bicycle handle.
The first thing that jumps out at you when you look into the TIMBERPRO brush cutter is the size of the engine. It has a 52 cc engine, which is extremely powerful and will enable you to cut through even the thickest of the thick brush with relative ease. This extra power does, however, come at the cost of fuel efficiency since this cutter is a bit of a gas guzzler.
This heavy duty brush cutter is easy to handle thanks to the v shaped handlebars and shoulder straps. Thanks to these two features, you’ll be able to cut brush all day and barely feel the weight of the tool at all.
Summary: This trimmer features an extremely powerful engine, which will cut through brush easily. The downside to this is that it will use more gas than other trimmers on the market. Though this is a heavy duty and powerful cutter, it is easy to handle thanks to the shoulder harness and handlebars.