Whether you are putting up a single shelf or are undertaking an entire refurbishment, you’re going to need some power tools to get you through the job. Hammer drill, anyone?
The use of the best cordless hammer drill can help you to undertake significant drilling tasks without getting into a tangle with cables and cords, making it easy to maneuver around the workspace with ease.
In our guide below, we’ll show you the six best drills and provide you with some useful tips to help you find the right one for your needs.
Top 6 Cordless Hammer Drills Chart
Reasons Why a Cordless Hammer Drill Is a Better Option Than Other Tools
- Easy to use outside and in awkward spaces.
- Simple to store as there is no need to be concerned with how to wind the cable.
- Reduced risk of tripping.
- No need to worrying about finding a free outlet.
- No need to be restricted by the length of the cable.
- No need to worry about different voltages.
The size of a cordless hammer drill needs to be a consideration as you need to be able to operate it properly, which will mean easily being able to maneuver it in accordance with its size and weight.
It needs to be easy to change the drill bits to make it easy to use in all circumstances.
It needs to be easily adjustable do that you can use it for different tasks. To this end, you’ll usually find that a chuck key is included that will allow you to swap the drill bit as and when necessary.
There are a number of steps necessary to use a cordless hammer drill correctly:
- Start by preparing the area in which you will be working by removing any items that you will not need and ensuring that you have sufficient space to move around freely without the risk of knocking anything over.
- Make sure you have all the accessories you need before beginning the task that involves the use of the drill.
- If you are working in high places, make sure that you have a ladder that can be used safely, or engage the assistance of someone to hold the ladder while you work.
- When it is no longer required, make sure it is stored safely.
Top 3 Best Cordless Hammer Drill Reviews
The DEWALT DC970K-2 is an entire kit that includes a drill alongside a number of other accessories that are beneficial for use with the tool.
It is of a design that allows it to be able to be used by hands of various sizes and it is compact enough to fit into tight spaces.
It has a dual speed range of 0-450/0-1,500 rpm, it comes with two batteries, charger and screwdriver bit.
They all come packed in a strong bag that comprises handles that makes the DEWALT DC970K-2 easily portable.
The drill that comes with a Milwaukee 2691-22 is part of a drill and driver kit that enables you to carry out a range of tasks.
The drill is compact and light at only 4lbs, so it does not result in a lot of strain in using it for a long period.
It is easy to use also comprises a LED light to help you be more precise when you are using it.
It works on an 18V battery and the motor is capable of delivering 400 inch-pounds of torque with ¼ inch hex compact impact.
As part of the package, you will get two batteries as well as a charger.
It comes with a 5-year warranty for peace of mind.
For a handy kit in which you will get 2 for 1, the Milwaukee 2691-22 is an excellent choice.
The BLACK+DECKER LDX120C is a lightweight hammer drill that is suitable for use in both commercial and residential circumstances.
Its size, weight and the fact that it is cordless makes it convenient for use in confined or awkward spaces. It can also stand up on its own, which helps you to quickly free up your hands when necessary.
The 20V battery provides immediate power and at a sufficient level to enable it to be used on plastic, metal and wood. The ease of control of the drill stems from its 11-point clutch, which allows it to be controlled in accordance with the relevant task, whether screw driving or boring a hole.
For a hammer drill that is easy to use, the BLACK+DECKER LDX120C is one of the best cordless hammer drills.