There are hundreds of different drill bit sets available out there, so how are you supposed to choose one?
While the decision isn’t an easy one (since you want to avoid wasting money on a low-quality set), we’ll simplify the process by showing you the top six options in our guide below.
With the best drill bit set, you can avoid derailing your project due to broken bits or incorrect sizes.
Having a range of drill bits will ensure that you are ready for any task whether large or small and regardless of the size of the hole that you need to create.
Top 10 Drill Bit Sets
Features of Drill Bit Sets
The size of a drill bit not only needs to be considered from the point of view of the length, but also in terms of the width, which determines the size of the hole that it can create. This will be a major factor in using drill bits, as the size needs to accord with the size of the screws or dowels that will be used as part of the project.
If you intend to use rawl plugs to hold the screws, then the size of these will also need to be taken into account.
The range of considerations include:
- Number of Drill Bits. If you intend to undertake a wide range of DIY tasks, having a large size range of drill bits will help to ensure that you do not get caught out and left unable to complete a project.
- Material from Which It Is Made. This will dictate the type of material that can be bored into using the drill bits and how long-lasting they will be. Many drill bits will make use of especially hardwearing substances, such as diamonds or titanium, and they will vary in terms of suitability for wall materials.
- Brand. In many cases, the brand of the drill will also offer drill bits for use with their product. If this is the case and you would otherwise not be sure about which drill bits to obtain, this route might be a prudent one as at least you will be safe in the knowledge that the drill bits are compatible.
- Range of Sizes. Having a wide range of drill bit sizes will ensure that you are ready for any task that arises.
- The Shape of Tip. The shape of the tip can make all the difference in respect of how easy it is to get the desired result.
- Ease of Replacement. Being able to swap out one drill bit for another is a given, but being able to do this relatively easily will help to prevent frustration at the worst possible time.
Top 3 Best Drill Bit Set Reviews
DEWALT DW2587 is a drill bit set that comprises 80 pieces and which creates a professional grade set.
It contains all the drill bits that can be expected from a decent set, as well as 17 black-oxide ones. It also contains a range of Phillips heads, which enables the set to be used to create holes and drive in screws.
They come in a wide range of sizes that ensures that any task is catered to, and there are also socket adapters included that increases its useful.
They all come in a handy carry case which comprises magnetic tip holder to effectively keep the tips in place.
Whether a professional or a DIY enthusiast, the DEWALT DW2587 is the best drill bit set.
The DEWALT DW1361 is a set of 21 drill bits that come in different sizes from 1/6 inch – ½ inch, which makes it possible to be ready for a wide range of tasks.
They are suitable for use for both amateurs and professionals as they can be used in both residential and commercial scenarios.
With its plastic carry case, the drill bits can be neatly stored in their designated space and they can easily be transported from one place to another.
They are coated in titanium, so they are long-lasting and the drilling ability starts on contact with the surface to produce a cleaner result.
For those who require a strong, worthwhile set of drill bits, the DEWALT DW1361 will fit the bill.
This drill bit set by Black+Decker is a combination set comprising 109 pieces, which comes in a sturdy carry case that holds all the bits in their designated spot and makes them highly portable
The wide variety of sizes span both 1 and 2 inches, which make them suitable for the majority of projects.
The set also includes a range of different sockets, which aids with DIY tasks.
The bits in the Black+Decker BDA91109 are capable of being used on wood, stone, plastic and metal.
The Black+Decker BDA91109 is ideal for those who want the peace of mind of a well-known brand.