When talking about the word “technology,” it’s easy for devices like phones, TVs and other forms of electronics to come to mind.
One piece of technology that’s made a substantial difference in the lives of those who cut wood in both forests and yards, yet isn’t spoken of very often, is the electric chainsaw.
Replacing the manual saw, an electric chainsaw makes cutting wood effortless, both on the large and the small scale of things.
Take a peek at the table of chainsaws below, as well as the buying guide we’ve put together – you’ll easily be able to locate the best electric chainsaw, one that best suits your personal or professional needs.
Top 10 Electric Chainsaws Table
Picking the Best Chainsaw for Your Cutting Needs
Using the following information, you’ll easily be able to pick the best electric chainsaw. From landscapers to loggers, chainsaws are highly coveted by a vast amount of professionals.
- Amps. Unlike conventional, gas-powered chainsaws, electric chainsaws rely on voltage as an indicator of power, which is quantified by a measure known as “amps”
The amount of amps that your electric chainsaw is able to operate on is a direct indicator of the power it can put out, as well as the type of sawing you’ll be able to perform.
- Blade Length (Guide Bar). The length of an electric chainsaw, also known as the “Guide bar length”, directly corresponds with the type of jobs you’ll be able to perform.
On electric chainsaws, the lowest guide bar length you’ll see is around 12 inches, a sufficient length for pruning and chopping small branches. On the other hand, larger blades can have a guide bar length of up to 18 inches, and sometimes larger.
- Battery Time. The longer the battery life of your electric chainsaw is, the longer time you’ll be able to use it without having to worry about recharging it.
- Cord Length. While most electric chainsaws feature a rechargeable battery as the primary means of operation, some still operate in a plug-and-use manner.
- Safety Features. Safety features are necessary when it comes to chainsaws; from a blade sheath to large handles, you’ll want to keep your eyes peeled for a few different things.
- Anti-Kickback Bar. This is a feature that minimizes the potential for a dangerous kickback, something that occurs if the chain of a chainsaw hits a snag on the material it is cutting.
- Chain Brake. A chain brake is a bar or a lever present on the chainsaw; the user pushes or pulls it to instantly slow down the chain while it’s spinning around the guide bar.
Top 3 Best Electric Chainsaw Reviews
The WG304.1 is undoubtedly the best electric chainsaw you can get your hands on. While it’s not suitable for trimming small hedges or finite landscaping jobs, it has the guide bar length, the power, and the safety features to tackle challenging saw jobs.
Its 18-inch guide bar length makes it perfect for decimating the toughest of logs, or whatever else you need to cut a slice through.
It has safety features such as a Low kickback bar and a built-in chain brake – the kickback bar prevents the saw from forcibly pushing the user back if it hits a snag in the wood, while the chain brake slows down the chain in the event of loss of control.
It comes with a 3-year manufacturers warranty, which is excellent compared to the warranties offered by other brands and models of electric chainsaws.
While it’s not adapt at handling smaller bushes for landscaping jobs that require a degree of precision, it will easily be able to handle anything else. The WG304. 1 is powerful, safe, and backed by a splendid warranty.
With a powerful battery, a kickback bar, an automatic oiling system, and much more, the LCS1240 packs a punch. Let’s see what else this fearsome tool brings to the world of forestry and related occupations.
Its battery pumps out a maximum wattage of 40 amps, making it a formidable saw, one that’s capable of chomping through a wide variety of objects.
Its low-kickback system makes it safe to use, preventing forceful kickbacks that could potentially be harmful, if the system wasn’t in place.
Maintenance is already low on electric chainsaws, but the LCS1240 makes it so you practically don’t do anything; it features an automatic oiling system that will make your life easier.
With a 12-inch guide bar, it’s not recommended to use this chainsaw to chop through larger logs, but it’s capable of handling a decent sized block of wood.
It’s almost maintenance free, it features a powerful battery, and it’s safe to use – what more could you want from an electric chainsaw?
The GreenWorks 20312 is the perfect combination of power and precision; it has a premium battery, excellent guide bar length, and an efficient motor. But wait – there’s so much more.
The quality of its motor is spectacular to the point that you won’t notice any vibrations from it while you’re using the chainsaw.
It has all the necessary safety features as well, such as a low-kickback chain and a chain brake, measures which could potentially halt an injury from occurring while you’re sawing.
Its battery is of the highest quality, easily delivering up to 100 cuts of wood before it inevitably runs out of juice.
With a quality engine, excellent battery, and a variety of safety features, the GreenWorks 23012 is an excellent electric chainsaw to get your hands on.