If you’re hunting for the best garage cabinets to organize your garage, you arrived at the right place! Finding the right garage cabinet may seem like a simple endeavor. If you don’t know what you’re looking for, however, you’ll lose some money in the long run!
A garage can be a mess, especially if you have two or more vehicles parked in it that take up the majority of the space. If your garage is getting out of hand, a nice garage cabinet can really work wonders! A garage cabinet will be able to store your tools, dry foods, clothes, and, well, anything else that fits.
Many garage cabinets riddle the market. This makes it quite difficult to choose and make a smart decision! Let’s take a look at what to consider before purchasing a garage cabinet. This will be followed by a breakdown of the best makes of cabinets for your garage.
Things to Consider
Here are a few things to consider when searching for a garage cabinet that truly stands out from other cabinets.
- Material (Wood, Metal, Plastic). The material of the garage cabinet is an important thing to take into consideration, upon deciding what type of garage cabinet to purchase. A metal cabinet will hold up much better when it comes to extreme conditions. Wooden cabinets may look nicer, but they’re susceptible to areas with a lot of temperature fluctuations and humidity.
Coated wooden cabinets, however, hold up very well to humidity, weight, and temperature fluctuations. Plastic cabinets are not as common as metal and wood cabinets. They are much cheaper, however, and hold up reasonably well in conditions with unfavorable.
- Size/Depth/Variety of Storage. If you’re going to store your tools in your garage cabinet, you won’t want a cabinet that has three shelves. You’ll need to take into consideration what the cabinet has, as far as its storage is concerned. Is it spacious for things such as paints and garden tools?
Does it have many small compartments for things such as nails, screws, washers, and screwdrivers? Does it have shelves that are adjustable within the cabinet? You’re going to want to know what you’re storing before you purchase your garage cabinet.
- Ability to Hold Weight. It’s going to be a sad day when you have to throw your cabinets away because the shelves caved in. If you know you’re going to be storing things that are composed of heavy materials or anything that contains a thick liquid, make sure you purchase a garage cabinet with shelves that can stand the weight!
Top 10 Garage Cabinets
If you want find the best garage cabinets, there are some things you’ll want to keep in mind.
Let’s take a glance at what a garage cabinet should feature, to make it a true standout.
- Adjustable Shelves. Fixed shelf cabinets are a thing of the past. A cabinet with an adjustable shelf is the way to go. You’ll never have anything that’s too large to store!
- Ease of Assembly. The best garage cabinets are sometimes the simplest cabinets. If the cabinet is too much a pain to put together, it might not be worth it! Many garage cabinets come pre-assembled, especially ones that are large with many complex compartments.
Smaller and simpler cabinets often require the buyer to assemble them. Be aware of what you’re purchasing!
- Polyurethane Is Good. Cabinets crafted for outdoor storage are usually composed of some form of treated wood, plastic, or metal. An increasing number of garage cabinets are often coated with polyurethane coated wood.
This material holds up very well to temperature fluctuations. It’s also quite strong and not prone to warping.
- Mountable or Not? This is an important factor to consider if your garage doesn’t have very much floor space. It wouldn’t be the best idea if you purchased a large cabinet that was designed to sit upright but couldn’t find anywhere convenient in your garage to store it, due to lack of space.
Top 3 Best Garage Cabinets Reviews
This garage cabinet is a durable, easy to set up, mountable, and sleek garage cabinet. It’s the best of the best. You’ll find that the UltraHD has a total capacity of 600 pounds.
UltraHD Tall Storage Cabinet will hold up to both weather and weight, due to its material, stainless steel. It’ll suit any type of use, from a do-it-yourself garage to a car shop. It’s a great buy!
Although it’s a rather large garage cabinet, the Suncast Tall Storage Cabinet is a great addition to any garage.
If you have the space to fit this cabinet on the floor of your garage, you’ll have to do it! It’s strong, weather resistant, rust resistant, and nicely-colored.
This cabinet is a great buy. Its shelves are also reinforced with metal that prevents warping and allows them to hold up to 75lbs each!
The Suncast Base Storage Cabinet is the perfect addition to a cluttered garage! It’s small enough to stay tucked away in a distant corner yet spacious enough to fit a good amount of tools or materials.
It’s made in the United States, has metal-reinforced shelves, and is constructed out of a material that’s similar to plastic. That means it’ll hold up well when temperatures drop or rise!