A hot glue gun – a truly indispensable tool if you’re into arts and crafts. It also comes in very handy when you have minor repair jobs to do around the house. Plus, having the best hot glue gun means you’re always ready to help your kids put together yet another “Grade A” school project.
In terms of price, hot glue guns pretty much run the gamut from really affordable (a.k.a cheap) to some pretty pricey brands, indeed. Price, however, doesn’t always match quality, convenience, and durability, which is where our review comes in!
Keeping reading, we’ve got the top 10 hot glue guns all lined up!
How to Find a Quality Hot Glue Gun
Ultimately, the hot glue gun that suits you best will depend on what you will be using it for most.
- For Light Repair Jobs. Go with a simple model if all you need is a tool that you can reach for when a toy comes undone, or there is some little trinket you need to repair.
- For Arts and Crafts Projects. A hot glue gun that gives you options for setting the temperature to suit the different types of material you’ll be working with is a good choice.
Top 10 Hot Glue Guns
What Features Should I Look for in a Hot Glue Gun?
As you shop around, you will begin to realize that as unassuming as they initially seem, glue guns really do have quite a bit of variety to them. That variety means you will have to think carefully about some of their features before making your choice.
- Power. Check the gun’s wattage, since one with a higher power rating will melt glue faster and thus have you working sooner and more consistently. A hot glue gun that gets to the desired temperature in less than five minutes is one worth considering.
- Temperature. Some models operate at low heat, getting to a maximum of around 250 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s perfect if you will be consistently using the gun with delicate items. Other devices go up to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit and are ideal if your projects involve tougher materials. Then, there are dual-temperature models that allow you to adjust the amount of heat. You might, however, have to pay more for that convenience.
- Material. Certainly, any model looking to take the prize for the best hot glue gun must be made of materials that can withstand the high temperatures at which it will be used. There are some advanced engineered plastics that will fit the bill, as they are both lightweight and durable.
- Versatility. Most persons try to save themselves some hassle by selecting a hot glue gun that’s designed to use glue sticks of various sizes. That’s a smart way to go, as you won’t have to be searching for a particular type of stick to fit your gun. It also means you are better able to bargain shop for your glue sticks.
Top 3 Best Hot Glue Gun Reviews
The working temperature range on the CCbetter Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun is 356-392 degrees Fahrenheit. You can’t control the exact temperature, but the range is ideal for working on heavy-duty materials such as glass, wood, leather, and metal.
The CCbetter Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun only takes 3-5 minutes to warm up, and its kit comes with 25 10-inch glue sticks so that you can get started on your projects right away. Its trigger helps you control the flow rate of the glue, but there will be a slight overflow once you release the trigger. You can easily compensate for that if you release the trigger a couple of seconds early.
For safety, the CCBetter Mini has a support stand that you can easily flip up as you rest the glue gun down. Another safety feature incorporated in this model’s design is the LED indicator light that conveniently lets you know whether the tool is turned on or off.
Reviews of the CCbetter Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun generally point out how easy it is to use and a real value at an affordable price.
For starters, reviewers agree that the BSTPOWER Hot Glue Gun gets high marks in the ergonomics category. Its sleek arm fits neatly in your hand, allowing you to have a firm grip as you apply glue using the easy-squeeze trigger. Plus, since it is lightweight, you can hold the BSTPOWER Hot Glue Gun comfortably for long periods with almost no effort at all.
This hot glue gun has variable temperature control so that you can heat it within a range of 212-428 degrees Fahrenheit. You won’t be sitting around waiting on the BSTPOWER Hot Glue Gun to heat up, either, as it reaches the set temperature within 3-5 minutes – the handy indicator light letting you know when it’s ready for use.
Another notable feature of the BSTPOWER Hot Glue Gun is the leak-proof valve in its insulated anti-drip nozzle. This included nozzle delivers a narrow bead of glue for precise application, but you can exchange it with other sized nozzles if you have them.
The PROkleber Hot Melt Glue Gun Kit earns a place on our list as one of the best hot glue gun models, not just because of its name, but because it has the features to prove it!
This glue gun is designed to heat up in as little as 2 minutes and, thanks to its 100-watt power. There is an on/off switch button and power indicator. There is a carry bag to store and protect your glue gun when you’re all done.
As a bonus, this glue gun is sold with 12 glue sticks to get you started on the arts and crafts or minor household repairs it is designed to handle. A metal stand for support and safety is also a part of its admirable features. Plus, many reviewers like that this glue gun’s arm has a textured surface for a more comfortable and secure grip.