A pocket multi-tool is a small, tough, and extremely versatile little gadget that is worth carrying around in your pocket. Having one could potentially save your life someday, so having a pocket-sized one around “just in case” is never a bad idea.
Finding quality products isn’t easy since this particular little tool is made in mass quantities by many who claim that they have the “best pocket multi tool” ever!
In our guide, we will be highlighting the products that are actually worth the purchase and provide you with useful shopping tips that will help you choose one.
Things to Consider
Pocket tools can be hard to choose. Each one differs from the other in features, price, quality, size, and even shapes. Here’s what you should keep in mind to get the best bang for your buck.
- Never Skimp on Quality. You never know when you might get into a situation where your pocket tool will be your useful companion. That’s why always invest in the best multi pocket tool which has high-quality You don’t want one of your tools to be break off when you’re using it in a dangerous situation!
- Take Care of Your Pocket Multi-Tool. Your pocket multi-tool is going to go through some tough situations. That’s why you’re buying it, right?
It’s only natural that your pocket multi-tool is going to get blunt and tools will start sticking together. The best way to take care of it is to sharpen the blades properly and to add a bit of oil between the mechanisms to ensure proper movement.
Top 10 Pocket Multi Tools
|1. Leatherman - Micra Multi-Tool, Stainless Steel||Pocket-Sized||$$||4.8|
|2. Gelindo Premium Pocket Multitool With Sheath, Knife, Pliers, Saw & More||Heavy-Duty||$$||4.5|
|3. Victorinox Swiss Army SwissChamp Pocket Knife||Heavy-Duty||$$$$||4.7|
|4. Leatherman - Squirt PS4 Multi-Tool, Black||Pocket-Sized||$$||4.7|
|5. Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier [22-01471]||Heavy-Duty||$$||4.7|
|6. SE MT908-1 11-Function Stainless Steel Survival Pocket Tool||Pocket-Sized||$||4.5|
|7. Wallet Ninja 18 in 1 Multi-purpose Credit Card Size Pocket Tool||Pocket-Sized||$||4.6|
|8. Victorinox Swiss Army Swiss Champ Pocket Knife||Pocket-Sized||$$||4.8|
|9. LEATHERMAN, Charge Plus TTi Titanium Multitool with Scissors and Premium Replaceable Wire Cutters||Heavy-Duty||$$$||4.8|
|10. SOG PowerAssist Multi-Tool B66N-CP - 16 Tools||Heavy-Duty||$$$||4.6|
What Multi-Tool Is Suited for Your Lifestyle?
To make you get the most out of what you’re buying, here are some things you should keep in mind before getting yourself a pocket tool.
- Two Basic Types. There are two basic types of pocket multi-tools, full-sized pocket tools shaped like a knife and keychain pocket multi-tool that look and work as a keychain (and is more useful than the keychain you have now). Another type of pocket tool gaining popularity is a credit card style that can fit in your wallet.
- What the Tough Guys Should Get. If your professional life is spent as a heavy-duty worker, like a construction worker or carpenter, a full-size heavy-duty pocket multi-tool would be a wise option, and you’ll definitely find a good use for it.
- What Guys Behind the Desk Should Get. We get it. You spend your hours working behind your desk or in front of a computer. So, what? Chances are you will also be stuck in sticky situations at some point. Now, we’re not telling you to get a full-sized pocket knife that barely fits in your pant pockets. No, a small, compact keychain pocket knife will serve your needs.
Top 3 Best Pocket Multi-Tool Reviews
The Leatherman Micra Multi-Tool is the perfect example of the cheesy one-liner ‘good things come in small packages. This mini pocket multi-tool comes with a total of 10 tools. Most of them are for general purpose use and repair, but some of the tools included can also be used for personal care.
Each and every tool in the Micra pocket tool does what it’s supposed to in an effective way. The scissors cut through light materials like paper easily, the screwdriver has no problem opening or closing screws and has a firm grip. Even the tweezers and nail files do their job well.
However, just to be clear, the tools in the Micra Multi-Tool are only meant to be used for minor jobs or in emergencies where regular equipment is not available, but when the time comes, they sure to come in handy and will get the job done. Plus, Leatherman’s 25-year warranty makes getting this a no brainer.
If you’re looking for a serious and more robust pocket tool, this is the one to get. The Gelindo Premium Pocket Multi-Tool is an amazing piece of gadgetry with 15 set of tools which can perform as well as dedicated tools in a difficult situation.
Everything from the pliers to the screwdrivers works excellently and don’t bend or damage when force is applied. Moreover, we’re not just saying this; the saw on this pocket multi-tool cut through solid wood once!
In addition to the high quality of materials, its construction is solid as well. The grip is firm and doesn’t slip, the spring-loaded mechanism means your fingernails will not fall off trying to pry open a tool and the included sheath will make sure it stays protected. All in all, this mini pocket tool is the real deal and means business!
The Victorinox is, without a single doubt, the best pocket multi-tool on the market. The question you should ask when buying this pocket knife isn’t what it can do, but what it can’t do! It’s just that good. In fact, Victorinox is so confident in their product; they protect it with a lifetime warranty.
What makes this pocket multi-tool so amazing? For starters, it has an over the top 33 functions (some patented) which can be used in any situation possible. So, it doesn’t matter whether you’re a construction worker or an outdoor camper, this thing is built for all kinds of uses.
The build quality of this pocket multi-tool is just amazing. You have to see it for yourself to believe it, but we guarantee it will stand all kinds of abuse. Just make sure to keep it sharpened, and it will serve you for a long time.
As a result, for the self-respecting technician, worker or adventurer, this is the pocket tool created for your needs and the one you should get.